When the Adults Change, Everything Changes – Conference – 24th May 2018
May 24 @ 9:30 am - 3:30 pm£195
You’ve read the book, now come on the course…. A one-day conference with Paul Dix
For teachers, middle leaders and others who work with young people. If you would like to purchase three places please email us at [email protected]
- Learn about the Five Pillars of Pivotal Practice and how they help you to achieve a calm learning environment.
- Get practical strategies for embedding routines and habits in the classroom.
- Understand the impact of adult behaviour on learner behaviour.
- Discover the power of kindness, recognition and reparation.
|Worsley Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club, Worsley Park, Worsley, Manchester M28 2QT,|
When the adults change, everything changes: The course based on Paul Dix’s bestselling book of the same title.
“I have learnt so much from this book that will shape and amend my future practice and wholeheartedly recommend it to even the most experienced teacher.”
Phil Beadle, Teacher and Author
Visible consistency, visible kindness
- Seismic shifts
- Fantastic walking
How to design simple, concise, consistent policy
- Human beings and the emotional v rational brain
- The teaching performance, emotional control and restraint
First attention to best conduct
- Relationships, rapport and emotional currency
- Recognition boards
- The “Shakey Hand Gang”
- Signs, symbols and icons
Managing distressed children: Flipping the script
- The 30-second intervention
- Fogging and diverting
Picking up your own tab
- How to wreck a restorative conversation
- Punishment addiction, humiliation hangover
More praise for When the Adults Change, Everything Changes:
“Paul Dix gets it. After reading this book, you will too.”
Jarlaith O’Brien, Headteacher, Carwarden House Community School
“This book is a game-changer. Your students need you to read When the Adults Change, Everything Changes.”
Jaz Ampaw-Farr, Speaker, Author and ‘Resilience Ninja’
If you choose to cancel your place(s) the full course fee will be refunded providing that cancellation is notified a minimum of 14 days before the course date. Cancellations notified between 7 and 14 days before the course will be eligible for a 50% refund. In cases where cancellation is given within 7 days of the course date, no refund will be available. However, it is possible to substitute a delegate at any time.
If Pivotal Education Limited cancel a course for which you have paid, a full refund will be given. Pivotal Education Limited shall not be held liable for any direct or indirect costs incurred by those registered to attend.