When the Adults Change, Everything Changes – Conference – Didcot – 8th December
December 8 @ 9:30 am - 3:30 pm£195
You’ve read the book, now come on the course…. A one-day conference with Paul Dix
For teachers, middle leaders and others who work with young people. If you would like to purchase three places please email us at email@example.com
- Learn about the Five Pillars of Pivotal Practice and how they help you to achieve a calm learning environment.
- Get practical strategies for embedding routines and habits in the classroom.
- Understand the impact of adult behaviour on learner behaviour.
- Discover the power of kindness, recognition and reparation.
When the adults change, everything changes: The course based on Paul Dix’s bestselling book of the same title.
“I have learnt so much from this book that will shape and amend my future practice and wholeheartedly recommend it to even the most experienced teacher.”
Phil Beadle, Teacher and Author
Visible consistency, visible kindness
- Seismic shifts
- Fantastic walking
How to design simple, concise, consistent policy
- Human beings and the emotional v rational brain
- The teaching performance, emotional control and restraint
First attention to best conduct
- Relationships, rapport and emotional currency
- Recognition boards
- The “Shakey Hand Gang”
- Signs, symbols and icons
Managing distressed children: Flipping the script
- The 30-second intervention
- Fogging and diverting
Picking up your own tab
- How to wreck a restorative conversation
- Punishment addiction, humiliation hangover
“This book is a game-changer. Your students need you to read When the Adults Change, Everything Changes.”
Jaz Ampaw-Farr, Speaker, Author and ‘Resilience Ninja’