- This event has passed.
Brush Up Your Behaviour
August 30 @ 9:00 am - 3:30 pm£74.25 – £82.50
A one-day course for NQTs, RQTs and teachers changing schools
Remove the anxiety around behaviour. Find out what you should do this week, next week and over the next two terms. Plan your behaviour approach, interventions, structures and routines the same way you plan the content of your lessons.
Learn how to:
- Manage behaviour effectively through relentless routines
- Use recognition to create a consistently positive classroom culture
- Build and sustain positive working relationships
- Respond assertively and with compassion
- Develop your professional persona
Don’t freestyle your way through behaviour.
Every delegate will receive their own copy of the 30-Day Pledge Planner
Brush Up Your Behaviour
Your Training Agenda
9am Registration and coffee
9.30am Preparing for and shaping the first week
- What do you know and what do you want to know?
- What do you need to do before the learners arrive on Tuesday?
- Creating first impressions
- Simple routines and boundaries: “Shooting one rabbit at a time”
10.30am Establishing routines in the first few weeks
- Managing your own behaviour
- Developing relationships and rapport
- Defining and creating the culture in your classroom
- Getting involved in the life of the school
11. 45am Your vision for your first half term
- Rules and routines for best practice
- Creating lasting enthusiasm and emotional currency
- Prevention is better than cure
- Game-changing events and how to make the most of them
1.45pm Establishing and embedding… to the end of term and beyond
- Responding assertively: Removing the “powerplay”
- What to say, when to say it, how to say it
- Next steps
2.45pm How to sustain the changes
- Taking care of yourself
- Reflections on the day
- Pledges and commitments
3.30pm Course ends
If you choose to cancel your place(s) the full course fee will be refunded providing that cancellation is notified a minimum of 14 days before the course date. Cancellations notified between 7 and 14 days before the course will be eligible for a 50% refund. In cases where cancellation is given within 7 days of the course date, no refund will be available. However, it is possible to substitute a delegate at any time.
If Pivotal Education Limited cancel a course for which you have paid, a full refund will be given. Pivotal Education Limited shall not be held liable for any direct or indirect costs incurred by those registered to attend.