Leading Behaviour Change Glasgow 5th February 2020
February 5 @ 9:00 am - 3:30 pm£100 – £200
A one-day course exclusively for senior leaders
- Learn about the Five Pillars of Pivotal Practice and how they help you to achieve a calm school. (More about the Pivotal Approach to Behaviour Management).
- Discover how to create and embed pure consistency of behaviour.
- Understand why managing staff behaviour is your first priority.
- Create a ‘Behaviour Blueprint’ to form the bridge between behaviour policy and practice in your school.
Leading Behaviour Change
The Pivotal Approach
- Pivotal Pillars underpinning exception practice
- Pure consistency in behaviour
How to design simple, concise, consistent policy
- Chaos of rules
- Essential elements of effective behaviour policy
- Self discipline v command and control
Why managing staff behaviour is your first priority
- The impact of adult behaviour on learner behaviour – emotional and financial costs
- Managing tricky teachers: breaking patterns of entrenched adult behaviour
- Creating problem solving adults not process monkeys
How to structure Sanctions and Rewards to modify behaviour
- Reducing detention, isolation, exclusion and punitive punishment
- Recognition beats reward
- Layering restorative practice
How to design a policy to manage the 5% as well as the 95%
- When sanctions stop working
- Monitoring behaviour without creating behaviour celebrities
- Teachers who pass the buck to others and how to stop it
How to create your Behaviour Blueprint
- Collaborative agreements that work
- Embedding and defining key consistencies and processes
- Setting the culture for behaviour
Case studies of exceptional practice
- Reducing detentions by 90% in three months
- Increasing attendance without punishment
- Isolation rooms that are no longer needed
If you choose to cancel your place(s) the full course fee will be refunded providing that cancellation is notified a minimum of 14 days before the course date. Cancellations notified between 7 and 14 days before the course will be eligible for a 50% refund. In cases where cancellation is given within 7 days of the course date, no refund will be available. However, it is possible to substitute a delegate at any time.
If Pivotal Education Limited cancel a course for which you have paid, a full refund will be given. Pivotal Education Limited shall not be held liable for any direct or indirect costs incurred by those registered to attend.