- This event has passed.
Leading Behaviour Change – London – 8th November 2017 – SOLD OUT!
8th November 2017 @ 9:30 am - 3:00 pm£75 - £125.00
A one-day course with Paul Dix: Exclusively for senior leaders – SOLD OUT!
- Learn about the Five Pillars of Pivotal Practice and how they help you to achieve a calm school. (More about the Pivotal Approach to Behaviour Management).
- Discover how to create and embed pure consistency of behaviour.
- Understand why managing staff behaviour is your first priority
- Create a ‘Behaviour Blueprint’ to form the bridge between behaviour policy and practice in your school.
PiXL schools can access this training at a discounted rate.
When the adults change, everything changes.
“Behaviour suited to learning is necessary for real success. Paul Dix and his team at Pivotal are leaders in thinking about these vital issues. PiXL is delighted to support and encourage members to hear about and seriously consider ideas that could make a significant difference in their school. We recommend Pivotal to you.”
Sir John Rowling, Chair, PiXL Club
Leading Behaviour Change
The Pivotal Approach
- Pivotal Pillars underpinning exception practice
- Pure consistency in behaviour
How to design simple, concise, consistent policy
- Chaos of rules
- Essential elements of effective behaviour policy
- Self discipline v command and control
Why managing staff behaviour is your first priority
- The impact of adult behaviour on learner behaviour – emotional and financial costs
- Managing tricky teachers: breaking patterns of entrenched adult behaviour
- Creating problem solving adults not process monkey
How to structure Sanctions and Rewards to modify behaviour
- Reducing detention, isolation, exclusion and punitive punishment
- Recognition beats reward
- Layering restorative practice
How to design a policy to manage the 5% as well as the 95%
- When sanctions stop working
- Monitoring behaviour without creating behaviour celebrities
- Teachers who pass the buck to others and how to stop it
How to create your Behaviour Blueprint
- Collaborative agreements that work
- Embedding and defining key consistencies and processes
- Setting the culture for behaviour
Case studies of exceptional practice
- Reducing detentions by 90% in three months
- Increasing attendance without punishment
- Isolation rooms that are no longer needed
Co plan your school project with Paul Dix and the Pivotal Team: Afternoon , 1.30 pm – 3.00 pm
- Personal guidance
- Next steps planning
- Exploring Pivotal packages