Level 2 Safeguarding for Schools is designed to deliver the training that all adults working in schools need. The course is self-paced and you can complete it in a week or steadily work through it over a term. The course includes exclusive video and audio content and is supported by our team of expert safeguarding trainers.
- Online safeguarding training in a school context: Every Child Matters, general principles of child protection, current legislation.
- Recognising if there is a problem: Indicators of abuse (physical, emotional, sexual and neglect), risk.
- Responding to problems and dealing with disclosure: identifying your own emotions, managing preconceptions and judgements, active listening.
- Referring and recording: Your responsibilities, responsibilties of the designated safeguarding officer, information sharing, recording information.
- Creating a safe learning environment: boundaries and boundary violations.
- Case studies
- Online safety and cyber bullying
- Safeguarding in a wider context: Ofsted, LSCBs, CRB disclosure service.
This course is suitable for all adults working within primary and secondary schools.
The course is live – so you can start training yourself in a matter of minutes. If you would like to pay for and start this course immediately, please click this link and purchase through the online course portal to ensure instant access.
NB: This gives you 6 months access to Level 2 Safeguarding for Schools. After 6 months you can renew your subscription monthly for £10 + vat per month.