Newsflash: Looking for INSET on the first day of term? Check our Peak Dates and book early!
Behaviour Management INSET
Through whole staff training, you can tweak and lift current practice, or provide a powerful catalyst for a transformation in culture. Learn more about the Pivotal Approach to Behaviour Management.
Pillars of Pivotal Practice
- Consistent, calm adult behaviour
- First attention for best conduct
- Relentless routines
- Scripting difficult interventions
- Restorative follow up
"The training opened a new window to me in how to deal with student's behaviour issues effectively, and more importantly how to improve and build a positive relationship with them."
Hertford Regional College
"One of the best training courses I have ever been on. Would highly recommend to all."
Book INSET as part of a Pivotal Package
Day 1 Snapshot (health check) + Full Staff Training + NQT Support
Behaviour Blueprint (SLT training) + Whoosh & Pledge (full staff training) + Pivotal Curriculum (Instructor training) + NQT Support
Day 1 Snapshot (healthcheck) + Behaviour Blueprint (SLT training) + Whoosh & Pledge (full staff training) + Pivotal Curriculum (Instructor training) + Middle Leader Powerhouse + Extreme Focus (advanced behaviour training) + Team Coach (coaching project) + NQT SupportLook at Pivotal Packages
Advanced Behaviour INSET
Working with the Angry Learner
- Triggers, escalation, crisis, recovery, post crisis depression.
- How to spot (and help learners spot) the approach of anger.
- Using assertive language and non-verbal behaviours to be less threatening.
- Anger management strategies and approaches to working with problem anger.
- Why punishment doesn’t work and why restorative justice is a force to be reckoned with.
- Restorative attitude, responses and cultures.
- How to remove detention or punitive punishment and replace it with reparation.
- Restorative conferences and the six restorative questions.
Managing Extreme Behaviour
- Understanding the relationship between learning and behaviour.
- Proactive and reactive strategies for managing learners with extremely challenging behaviour.
- Practical strategies for building trust with the hard to reach.
- Introducing complex behaviour needs.
Safeguarding & Mental Health INSET
Pivotal Education is fortunate to have specialists in Safeguarding and Mental Health on the training team.
Kate Quigley, ATL
We have worked with Pivotal in a variety of settings – INSET, online courses and keynotes – across the whole spectrum of our membership at ATL for several years.
In Pivotal Education we have found a very high quality provider. From the excellent organisation of the administration to the creative, innovative and impact focused delivery I always remain very impressed by them. Read more.
Not sure what you need?
That's ok. We can talk you through the various options and work out what support and training will best suit you