Pivotal Behaviour INSET
The Five Pillars of Pivotal Practice
- Consistent, calm adult behaviour
- First attention for best conduct
- Relentless routines
- Scripting difficult interventions
- Restorative follow up
"The behaviour INSET was so inspiring. The delivery was outstanding. I really feel that this session has changed my way of thinking the way I approach behaviour in the classroom."
"One of the best training courses I have ever been on. Would highly recommend to all."
Book behaviour INSET as part of a Pivotal Package
Day 1 Snapshot (health check) + full staff behaviour INSET + NQT Support
Behaviour Blueprint (SLT training) + Whoosh & Pledge (full staff behaviour INSET) + Pivotal Curriculum (Instructor training) + NQT Support
Day 1 Snapshot (healthcheck) + Behaviour Blueprint (SLT training) + Whoosh & Pledge (full staff behaviour INSET) + Pivotal Curriculum (Instructor training) + Middle Leader Powerhouse (specialist behaviour INSET) + Extreme Focus (advanced behaviour INSET) + Team Coach (coaching project) + NQT Support
Call the Pivotal office on 020 70001735 to talk through your options and let us advise you on the package most suitable to your objectives and your staff.
Tailored packages can be designed to suit your desired outcomes, your budget and your setting.
How to get the best out of live training
Listen to Pivotal Podcast episode 94 now where Ollie Frith talks about how to get the most out of Behaviour INSET. Read the show notes.
Pivotal Flare: Virtual Behaviour INSET
This is INSET, evolved.More about Pivotal Flare
Advanced Behaviour INSET
The Angry Learner
- Triggers, escalation, crisis, recovery, post crisis depression.
- How to spot (and help learners spot) the approach of anger.
- Using assertive language and non-verbal behaviours to be less threatening.
- Anger management strategies and approaches to working with problem anger.
- Why punishment doesn’t work and why restorative justice is a force to be reckoned with.
- Restorative attitude, responses and cultures.
- How to remove detention or punitive punishment and replace it with reparation.
- Restorative conferences and the six restorative questions.
Managing Extreme Behaviour
- Understanding the relationship between learning and behaviour.
- Proactive and reactive strategies for managing learners with extremely challenging behaviour.
- Practical strategies for building trust with the hard to reach.
- Introducing complex behaviour needs.
Safeguarding & Mental Health INSET
Pivotal Education has outstanding specialists in Safeguarding and Mental Health on the training team.
Fochriw Primary School
The Pivotal programme has had a massive impact on behaviour in school. Children are developing a more responsible, thoughtful attitude towards how they behave and conduct themselves.
We have noticed there is a much calmer atmosphere in school. There has also been a more noticeable change in staff; there is a greater sense of solidarity as we are now all reading from the same page. Read more.